THE BEST CREAMY EGG SALAD
AN EGGCELLENT SALAD
Egg salad is one of my favourite meals – especially in a sandwich! So, when I was creating the menu for my spring soirée, this was the first recipe that came to mind. Usually I keep it pretty simple when I make egg salad – hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise, salt & pepper. However, today I decided to mix it up a little, and experiment with ingredients I hadn’t used before. The result? Super creamy, delicious egg salad with the perfect amount of flavour.
I think the ingredient that made the most difference was the cream cheese. I swapped out 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise for it, which gave the egg salad the creaminess it had. Everybody was delighted over the texture & taste, so I know it was a winner!
I also added green onion, because I absolutely love it, and I knew it would go well. It definitely added flavour, and it’s something I will keep using from now on. And of course, you can never go wrong with chives! I added some in the mixture, and sprinkled a little bit on top as a garnish.
Egg salad is really easy to switch ingredients in and out of. If you don’t like green onion, you could use celery (unless you hate it as much as me.) You could even add meats into it, like bacon or roast chicken – yum!
SO, YOU’LL NEED
- 6 hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- a few green onions, thinly sliced (I sliced up about 3-4.)
- chives, roughly chopped (again, amount is to your taste, but I used 6 or so.)
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to your bowl, excluding any chives you want to save for garnish. Combine well, until at the consistency you desire.
- Garnish with chives, and serve by itself, in sandwiches, or on freshly baked bread. Enjoy!
What’s your favourite way to make egg salad?