SWEET CHILLI CHICKEN BITES
BITE SIZED CHICKEN
When having a party or a gathering involving food, you can’t really go wrong with bite sized… well, anything. One of my personal favourite recipes is my sweet chilli chicken bites – similar to KFC Popcorn Chicken (which is the best thing to get there – maybe a twister if I’m being “healthy”.) I decided to do my own take on these, and fry them in a shallow pan rather than drowning them in oil, just to give them a little less grease and a little more yum. With these, you can serve them already covered in the sweet chilli sauce, or have the sweet chilli on the side in a small bowl to use as a dipping sauce. I did the latter for my spring soirée, just in case somebody (who would no longer remain my friend) didn’t like sweet chilli sauce – luckily, everybody did, so my friendships remained intact. I also made the sweet chilli chicken bites bigger than standard popcorn chicken, but you can cube the chicken breasts in whatever size you’d like.
- Add a few dashes of oil into a frypan, over a medium heat.
- Cut chicken breasts into desired size, advisably bite sized or smaller.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
- Toss chicken into the dry mixture, then toss in egg/milk mixture, and then again in dry mixture. Ensure chicken is completely coated each time.
- Places chicken pieces into frypan once the oil is hot enough, and fry until crispy and golden. This should be a couple of minutes each side.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve with sweet chilli sauce either as a garnish or a side.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- canola oil for frying
- 2/3 cup sweet chilli sauce