FETA AND STRAWBERRY CHICKEN SALAD
STRAWBERRIES IN SALAD
Lately, I’ve found myself experimenting with different fruit to use in salad. I know fruit + salad is a common concept now, but it was never something we had growing up as kids. The first time I ever had it was at my ex boyfriend’s house, and at first I thought they had made a mistake adding strawberries instead of tomatoes or something – but I tried it, and it was great!
So, when creating recipes for my spring soirée, I decided to include one of the salads I had been making every now and then for work lunches: feta and strawberry chicken salad. This salad is super refreshing, and full of flavour. It’s definitely one of the tastiest salads I’ve made lately.
The strawberries are soaked in a sweet dressing, made from honey, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. The leftover dressing can then be used to pour over the salad, but I suggest keeping it in a seperate container and have everybody add it to their individual servings, so the salad will be able to keep longer in the fridge.
You can also use whichever greens you prefer, but I think baby spinach & rocket leaves are the perfect combination to this strawberry and feta chicken salad.
- 1 punnet strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 250g feta cheese
- 100g sliced chicken breast
- Combine honey, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a medium bowl for the dressing.
- Add the sliced strawberries to bowl. Mix to ensure they are fully coated in the dressing. Let stand for 10 minutes, then drain the strawberries, but keep the leftover dressing.
- Toss the baby spinach leaves, rocket leaves, feta cheese, sliced chicken, and strawberries together.
- Add dressing if desired.