BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN BURGERS
THE BEST BURGER
When the weather is hot, the last thing I feel like eating is a hot, greasy burger. However, I wanted to serve some for my spring soirée (because everybody loves burgers) so I decided to experiment and make some burgers that were a little more warm weather friendly.
In fact, because these can be served cold (which is how I served them, though they would be amazing hot as well!), these would be absolutely perfect for a Spring picnic – I actually want to start planning one just so I can bring these!
I kept my bruschetta chicken burgers pretty simple, with just a couple of ingredients. However, there are so many different toppings you could use in place, or additional to what I used. Basil, garlic, red onion – the list is endless.
SO, YOU’LL NEED
- 2 chicken breasts
- 150 ml balsamic vinegar
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp for frying
- salt & pepper
- baby spinach & rocket leaves
- 4 buns of choice (I chose kaiser rolls which are crusty & delicious)
- Halve the chicken breast into two thin fillets.
- Place the chicken fillets & the balsamic vinegar into a large freezer bag, and put in fridge to marinate for at least half an hour.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Mix in a small bowl with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Once the fillets have finished marinating, heat oil in a large pan. Add the fillets, and cook until crispy on the outside, and fully cooked on the inside. (I cut into the middle of one fillet to make sure.)
- Slice your buns of choice in half. Add baby spinach/rocket leaves, place the chicken fillets on top, and then add tomatoes. Serve hot or cold.
What’s your favourite burger to have during the hot weather?